CRI Advantage is seeking a Business Analyst to work with our client, the Nevada Department of Transportation, for an Automated Vehicle Location (AVL), Telematics, and fleet communications project. You will lead stakeholders across multiple department business units to gather requirements, solicit vendors and manage the project through delivery meeting customer goals and keeping the project on time, and within scope and budget.
- Initial Term: 02/01/2022-12/31/2023
- Location: Carson City, NV (Currently REMOTE majority of the time but available to meet in person as needed in Carson City. Once COVID is done – then mostly onsite)
Provide business analyst skills in requirement gathering and completion of RFI/RFP
- The Business Analyst is an agent of change. Business Analysis is a disciplined approach for introducing and managing change to organizations, whether they are for-profit businesses, governments, or non-profits.
- Business analysis is used to identify and articulate the need for change in how organizations work, and to facilitate that change. As business analysts, we identify and define the solutions that will maximize the value delivered by an organization to its stakeholders. Business analysts work across all levels of an organization and may be involved in everything from defining strategy, to creating the enterprise architecture, to taking a leadership role by defining the goals and requirements for programs and projects or supporting continuous improvement in its technology and processes.
- They have the specialized knowledge to act as a guide and lead the business through unknown or unmapped territory, to get it to its desired destination. The value of business analysis is in realization of benefits, avoidance of cost, identification of new opportunities, understanding of required capabilities and modeling the organization. Through the effective use of business analysis, we can ensure an organization realizes these benefits, ultimately improving the way they do business.
Provide expertise to manage and implement an enterprise level GIS System of Engagement:
- Manage stakeholders during the execution of the project, including risks, dependencies, deliverables with an outcome focused mindset demonstrating a high degree of integrity
- Guide stakeholders when addressing change or stressful situations
- Enable an environment where collaboration is effective and focused on delivering impactful business results
- Responsible for client satisfaction and delivery metrics
- Create and maintain detailed project plans; monitor, track and report on project progress; manage project scope, issues, risks and change orders.
- Direct individual and team weekly goals; monitor progress through a positive, collaborative and encouraging work environment.
- Strong negotiation, presentation, conflict management, decision making and communication skills with timely and accurate reporting against project timelines and other metrics
- Clearly, frequently and effectively communicate priorities and status to internal stakeholders
- Proactively seek opportunities to improve the team’s value by providing constructive suggestions
- Leverage data when making decisions, gather new information and insight to work through complex issues
- Guide other team members on project management best\better practices and continue to expand mastery of your own; initiate solutions where precedents and procedures may not exist
- Work closely with both technical team members and client stakeholders or varying levels to Serve as “trusted advisor” and key point of contact for all stakeholders to ensure success
- Obtain regular feedback from team members individually and collectively to optimize team morale and promote new approaches to overcoming challenges
- Minimum 8 years in Business Process Analysis, Requirement Gathering, writing Request for Information and Proposal (RFI/RFP), Project Management, client product/service delivery, with at least 3 years managing large-scale and complex enterprise projects.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and deliver projects on time, within scope and within budget
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Demonstrated can-do attitude
- Ability to resolve problems with minimal management assistance; escalates appropriately
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities. Moves quickly to address unexpected problems or opportunities.
- Prior consulting experience preferred
- Experience implementing similar projects preferred
- PMP, AGILE Scrum Master, Product Owner or similar certifications
Percentage of time worked On-site/Off-site- Currently they will need to be remote the majority of the time, but available to meet in person as needed in Carson City. Once COVID is done, they need to be in the office but may be able to work remotely part time 1-2 days per week if needed.
Type of Interview-Video conference call
Employee Job Functions
Employee Job Functions are physical actions and/or working conditions associated with the position. These functions may also constitute essential functions for the job position which the employee must be able to fulfill, with or without reasonable accommodation. The information provided below is to help describe the job so that the applicant has a reasonable understanding of the job duties/expectations. An applicant's ability to perform these actions will be discussed and workplace accommodations may be made on a case-by-case basis following an individualized assessment of the applicant and other considerations, including but not limited to any governing safety standards.
- Stooping, kneeling, crouching, turning, and twisting - Never
- Ability to reach, feel and handle items – Occasionally
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one work site to another - Never
- Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic) - Constantly
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers - Occasionally
- Operating motor vehicles - Never
- Physical Demands – Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing
- Moving self in different positions to accomplish tasks in various environments including tight and confined spaces - Never
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time - Constantly
- Adjusting or moving objects up to 25 pounds in all directions - Never
- Communicating with others to exchange information - Constantly
- Operating machinery and/or power tools - Never
- Regular, predictable attendance is required - Constantly
Great things happen when you have the CRI Advantage!
CRI has a family-oriented company culture and is family-owned. Our management team believes employee growth is equally important to company growth and offers many types of learning opportunities. We work on unique projects including supporting missions involving national security, energy research, law enforcement, transportation, and health and welfare. We are headquartered in Boise, ID with offices in Idaho Falls and DC. Our corporate mission from the very beginning has been to make a positive difference in people’s lives.
CRI Advantage provides flexible benefit packages to fit employee and family needs. Benefits are effective from the first day of employment.
- Medical (PPO and HDHP plans), Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life and AD&D
- Access to Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) accruals, Paid Holidays, and for some roles – sick leave
- 401(k) with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Discount Rewards Program
- Free technical and professional training with access to over 8,000 classes
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Wellness Program
CRI Advantage is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. CRI Advantage is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact Human Resources at HR@criadvantage.com or 208-287-4120.